Evening Schools started for Slum Children
Project Implementation Plan
Children in the slums don't get proper attention which is the main reason they lag behind as compared to other kids and lack awareness and importance of education. The aim of this project was to ducate and guide the children enough so that they can develop themselves for better opportunities. The classes are conducted on daily basis at the evening time from 04.00PM to 05.00PM. We have hired skilled teachers from the same locality so that the children dont have to travel everyday.
We have started these centers to raise the education standard of the students residing in these Slums.
Their parents are low wage earners and do not have much education. As a result, they can't afford to send their Kids in to the private schools and they are less wiling to send the kids to scools and more inclined to make them earn.
They even can't match the level of the students with the same schools as they dont have the faciltiy and opportunity.
Results & Outcome
Our daily evening tuition classes help these slum kids to acquire basic knowledge about the subjects. The students in our centre come from Hindi medium government schools. They are very poor in English vocabulary so we started teaching them with alphabets. They lack simple reading & writing skill. We conduct daily classes so that they can improve further. We teach them about the importance cleanliness in their life along with ethical values. We provide stationary items & gifts for motivating kids to improve in class performances & extra curriculum activities.
We have formed classes with 20 children in each centers from class 1 to 9. We hired teacher from the same locality so that students don't have to travel anywhere. There are two teachers in two centers with B.ed & BA qualification.
KarmaKonnect is a non-profit social venture that aims to connect the fragmented ‘giving’ ecosystem by empowering NGOs, donors, volunteers, corporates and government to create impactful social development interventions. KarmaKonnect is an enabler; motivating and empowering individuals and organizations to tap the growing philanthropy landscape by creating, connecting, and/or collaborating for credible projects and causes. The KarmaKonnect team is currently involved in a number of initiatives across the country, through various dedicated volunteers and NGOs. We are primarily working on:
• Child education and livelihood skills (slum evening schools/shelters and aiding low income govt schools) in Gujarat, Telangana, MP and Delhi through utilization of existing govt infrastructure and innovative collaborative models.
• Women Empowerment and legal help, rescue and rehabilitation projects (primarily on Gujarat and UP)
• Rural Empowerment and Citizens Change/Awareness programs (Gujarat, MP, UP, Telangana and Rajasthan).
• We also Executing comprehensive "adopt a village" projects for donors involving well researched sustainable solutions for development
• Training and placement of specially abled
• Refuge rehabilitation projects. (Urban slums)
• Adhoc Medical help and assistance as needed.
More projects in the same cause
KarmaKonnect | Delhi
KarmaKonnect | Sanand
KarmaKonnect | Ahmedabad
Shwas Charitable Trust | Ahmedabad