Diagnosis & Health Awareness Camps Conducted for Minor Communities
Project Implementation Plan
IMPACT has been conducting diagnosis and awareness health camps for the last 15 years primarily across Gujarat. The aim of this initiative is to provide free medical check-ups and healthcare facilities at doorstep to the larger community who do not have access to good quality medical support, especially for Cancer.
The Implemntation plan for health camp is:
- Day and Time – usually Sunday 9 am to 1 pm timings are preferred as people find it difficult to attend the camps on any other working days. The day should not clash with any festivals or special religious days as Health is rarely or never a priority for the average Indian especially in rural areas.
- Awareness regarding the camp – proper literature and information pamphlets should be distributed to people to make them aware of the camp – local advertisements are required to ensure presence and participation by people and especially the genuine and needy people should take advantage of the camp in their backyard.
- Volunteers with delegated duties for Crowd Management and streamlining of the process to ensure smooth functioning of the camp.
- Registration arrangements
- Focused camp – concentrate on few issues for better and efficient management
- Tea, Basic Refreshments for Doctors and their team
Public healthcare system in India is rated as one of the worst in the world. The situation is particularly bad in urban slum and rural areas. The rising case of various cancers and lack of awareness on its preventions as well as lack of early diagnosis options for the under-privileged leads to dire consequences.
Lack of resources and awareness is a major reason for improper health care.
Results & Outcome
Through its health camps, Impact identifies the neediest areas depending on the use of tobacco, alcohol and provides a road map for prevention and cure, accordingly.
These visits also serve as an educational platform for the society where citizens are taught about the Do’s and Don’ts to maintain proper and better hygiene, with a focus on preventive health.
KarmaKonnect is a non-profit social venture that aims to connect the fragmented ‘giving’ ecosystem by empowering NGOs, donors, volunteers, corporates and government to create impactful social development interventions. KarmaKonnect is an enabler; motivating and empowering individuals and organizations to tap the growing philanthropy landscape by creating, connecting, and/or collaborating for credible projects and causes. The KarmaKonnect team is currently involved in a number of initiatives across the country, through various dedicated volunteers and NGOs. We are primarily working on:
• Child education and livelihood skills (slum evening schools/shelters and aiding low income govt schools) in Gujarat, Telangana, MP and Delhi through utilization of existing govt infrastructure and innovative collaborative models.
• Women Empowerment and legal help, rescue and rehabilitation projects (primarily on Gujarat and UP)
• Rural Empowerment and Citizens Change/Awareness programs (Gujarat, MP, UP, Telangana and Rajasthan).
• We also Executing comprehensive "adopt a village" projects for donors involving well researched sustainable solutions for development
• Training and placement of specially abled
• Refuge rehabilitation projects. (Urban slums)
• Adhoc Medical help and assistance as needed.
More projects in the same cause
KarmaKonnect | Delhi
KarmaKonnect | Ahmedabad
KarmaKonnect | Ahmedabad
KarmaKonnect | Sijai