Solar Light installed for Remote Chambal Valley Village
Project Implementation Plan
About 50km away from Tajmahal at Agra, lies Rajghat Village is about 5km from Dholpur in Rajasthan, on the border of Madhya Pradesh and Rajasthan. As part of Dholpur Nagar Panchayat in Chambal ki Ghaati (Chambal river basin) region, Rajghat falls under National Chambal Sanctuary.
The Project aims to set up a home solar lighting system for each of the 50 houses of the village and few street lights for night-time accessibility.
Rajghat village is devoid of all basic amenities of life. It has no source of clean drinking water. It has no electricity. Nearest metalled road from the village is about 5 km away. In the absence of any road, there’s no way for any vehicle reach the village. Villagers walk to the main road every day.
Authorities have their explanations ready for leaving Rajghat devoid of any development efforts. ‘It lies in National Chambal Sanctuary especially earmarked by government for protection of critically endangered gharial and the Ganges river dolphin.
Results & Outcome
KarmaKonnect will monitor the functioning of both the solutions and the stories of change and development will be communicated regularly to donors periodically. Any additional funds from the project shall be used to help health emergencies or providing the same solutions to neighboring villages. Detailed accounts from the project will be promptly given to all donors.
KarmaKonnect team will be training local youth in the maintenance of the solar units. The youth shall also be trained/encouraged to sell these units in neighboring villages in the future as an entrepreneurship venture.
We have successfully installed Solar Powered Lights in the houses of this village.
KarmaKonnect is a non-profit social venture that aims to connect the fragmented ‘giving’ ecosystem by empowering NGOs, donors, volunteers, corporates and government to create impactful social development interventions. KarmaKonnect is an enabler; motivating and empowering individuals and organizations to tap the growing philanthropy landscape by creating, connecting, and/or collaborating for credible projects and causes. The KarmaKonnect team is currently involved in a number of initiatives across the country, through various dedicated volunteers and NGOs. We are primarily working on:
• Child education and livelihood skills (slum evening schools/shelters and aiding low income govt schools) in Gujarat, Telangana, MP and Delhi through utilization of existing govt infrastructure and innovative collaborative models.
• Women Empowerment and legal help, rescue and rehabilitation projects (primarily on Gujarat and UP)
• Rural Empowerment and Citizens Change/Awareness programs (Gujarat, MP, UP, Telangana and Rajasthan).
• We also Executing comprehensive "adopt a village" projects for donors involving well researched sustainable solutions for development
• Training and placement of specially abled
• Refuge rehabilitation projects. (Urban slums)
• Adhoc Medical help and assistance as needed.
More projects in the same cause
KarmaKonnect | Nalgoda District
KarmaKonnect | Rajghat
KarmaKonnect | Rajghat
KarmaKonnect | Bhuj