Tribal Kids Placed at Navgurukul
Project Implementation Plan
SARAL eLearning Platform
◉Vernacular courses on Software Engineering, Design, Analytics, etc.
◉ Open source code
◉ Co-creation of curriculum so that anyone can add, modify & customise
◉ Uses learning by doing & peers
◉ Modules on Critical thinking, Gender, Soft Skills, Health & Hygiene, etc. Residential Learning Spaces
◉ Intensive program focusing on modern skills at par with B.Tech (CS) degree
◉ Fees paid by working on revenue making projects - fees not a barrier
◉ Residential program for high-growth careers
◉ Simplified Entrance based on 5th Grade, Maths & English levels
◉ Set up in New Delhi, with 10 stude
In India, while 12% of the urban population pursues higher education only 2% of the rural population can afford to pursue the same. Major reasons for dropping out are affordability of the costs for the degree and lack of better work opportunities after the degree.
Students from low income groups aren’t comfortable with english, while a majority of higher education material is available only in english, hence self-learning isn’t possible.
Annual fees of colleges range from 1-4lacs make it ery difficult for lesser priviledged kids to pursure higher studies.
There are very few seats in affordable colleges due to which aspiring students are unable to fulfill their dreams.
Results & Outcome
We are happy to connect our young boys from Kekadiya tribal village to gain valuable IT education and livelihood skills at NavGurukul in Delhi.
We strive to work on bridging the gap in skills and education between rural and urban areas. Such big-city experiences and opportunities are valuable for our Rural youth.
Rural students were given an opportunity to pursure degee course with ease and were trained enough to get good jobs for themselves.
KarmaKonnect is a non-profit social venture that aims to connect the fragmented ‘giving’ ecosystem by empowering NGOs, donors, volunteers, corporates and government to create impactful social development interventions. KarmaKonnect is an enabler; motivating and empowering individuals and organizations to tap the growing philanthropy landscape by creating, connecting, and/or collaborating for credible projects and causes. The KarmaKonnect team is currently involved in a number of initiatives across the country, through various dedicated volunteers and NGOs. We are primarily working on:
• Child education and livelihood skills (slum evening schools/shelters and aiding low income govt schools) in Gujarat, Telangana, MP and Delhi through utilization of existing govt infrastructure and innovative collaborative models.
• Women Empowerment and legal help, rescue and rehabilitation projects (primarily on Gujarat and UP)
• Rural Empowerment and Citizens Change/Awareness programs (Gujarat, MP, UP, Telangana and Rajasthan).
• We also Executing comprehensive "adopt a village" projects for donors involving well researched sustainable solutions for development
• Training and placement of specially abled
• Refuge rehabilitation projects. (Urban slums)
• Adhoc Medical help and assistance as needed.
More projects in the same cause
KarmaKonnect | Delhi
KarmaKonnect | Sanand
KarmaKonnect | Ahmedabad
KarmaKonnect | Delhi