CHANGING THE LIVES OF 'BASTI' KIDS FOREVER
The aim of the project is to ensure that kids of migrating labourers get their basic human rights - food, sanitation and education, by:
- Ensuring that these kids get Anganwaadi facilities
- Training and Mentoring them
- Providing them with proper nurturing and basic education
Little Kids of migrating labourers around Dhanbad, Jharkhand - an extremely poor coal mining area, live a life deprived of basic human rights - food, sanitation and education. These kids reside in small “Basti” (Slums) - an area where beggars, thieves, garbage collectors live in and are not allowed to sit with kids at normal schools.
Results & Outcome
Committed IIT volunteers from Pehal, are providing safe daycare / Anganwaadi facilities to 60 such kids around Dhanbad, Jharkhand - an extremely poor coal mining area.These kids reside in small “Basti” - an area where beggars, thieves, garbage collectors live in and are not allowed to sit with kids at normal schools. The committed volunteers led by Deepak Kumar have brought them up to sit, dress and read/speak properly in just a few months. We plan to scale up such interventions to four different areas and benefit more such “Basti” kids and provide them proper nurturing and basic education - a RIGHT they have been deprived off.
KarmaKonnect is a non-profit social venture that aims to connect the fragmented ‘giving’ ecosystem by empowering NGOs, donors, volunteers, corporates and government to create impactful social development interventions. KarmaKonnect is an enabler; motivating and empowering individuals and organizations to tap the growing philanthropy landscape by creating, connecting, and/or collaborating for credible projects and causes. The KarmaKonnect team is currently involved in a number of initiatives across the country, through various dedicated volunteers and NGOs. We are primarily working on:
• Child education and livelihood skills (slum evening schools/shelters and aiding low income govt schools) in Gujarat, Telangana, MP and Delhi through utilization of existing govt infrastructure and innovative collaborative models.
• Women Empowerment and legal help, rescue and rehabilitation projects (primarily on Gujarat and UP)
• Rural Empowerment and Citizens Change/Awareness programs (Gujarat, MP, UP, Telangana and Rajasthan).
• We also Executing comprehensive "adopt a village" projects for donors involving well researched sustainable solutions for development
• Training and placement of specially abled
• Refuge rehabilitation projects. (Urban slums)
• Adhoc Medical help and assistance as needed.
More projects in the same cause
KarmaKonnect | Delhi
KarmaKonnect | Sanand
KarmaKonnect | Ahmedabad
KarmaKonnect | Delhi