JKSC Provide Children with Essential Stationary Supplies & COVID Safety Kits
• JK Study Center strives to reach out to underprivileged children across remote areas in Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh. Dedicated Volunteers of the organization visit these regions frequently and distribute necessary things required by school going kids.
• A variety of stationary items and other things are being distributed:
Sports Kits of Football, Volleyball, Carrom Board, Tiffin Boxes, School Shoes - Black, School Bags, Pencils, Pens, Copies, Portable Black Boards, Erasers, Teaching aid Boards, Teaching aid material, Colour boxes, Registers, Paint Boxes, Paint Brushes, books of general studies. or any other item for school going students.
• Volunteers at the JK Study Center aim to ensure that the kids in these regions are able to continue their studies uninterruptedly. For this, they put in every possible effort!
• Due to harsh weather conditions in remote mountain terrains of Kashmir and Ladakh, it is quite difficult for the school children here to pursue their education.
• These regions also face constant border security threats from China and Pakistan.
• Many essential stationary items and other useful things of daily utility are not available in these remote areas.
• It is difficult for the local people to avail all necessary goods and items as supply and everything else remains uncertain. As a consequence, children in these regions face difficulties and hardship in continuing with studies.
• The biggest challenge has been ensuring that they have access to all essentials and are keeping well amid trying situations.
Results & Outcome
• The team at JK Study center have been visiting these regions regularly with stationary and essential items for the kids to ensure they continue their education and are well cared for.
• As covid-19 pandemic spread across the world, life in these remote areas became more difficult. JKSC provided these children with kits containing masks and sanitizers to keep them safe from getting affected and to prevent the virus from spreading.
• These are the remote mountain areas that are cut off from mainstream support, and Karmakonnect is privileged to help them through JKSC.
KarmaKonnect is a non-profit social venture that aims to connect the fragmented ‘giving’ ecosystem by empowering NGOs, donors, volunteers, corporates and government to create impactful social development interventions. KarmaKonnect is an enabler; motivating and empowering individuals and organizations to tap the growing philanthropy landscape by creating, connecting, and/or collaborating for credible projects and causes. The KarmaKonnect team is currently involved in a number of initiatives across the country, through various dedicated volunteers and NGOs. We are primarily working on:
• Child education and livelihood skills (slum evening schools/shelters and aiding low income govt schools) in Gujarat, Telangana, MP and Delhi through utilization of existing govt infrastructure and innovative collaborative models.
• Women Empowerment and legal help, rescue and rehabilitation projects (primarily on Gujarat and UP)
• Rural Empowerment and Citizens Change/Awareness programs (Gujarat, MP, UP, Telangana and Rajasthan).
• We also Executing comprehensive "adopt a village" projects for donors involving well researched sustainable solutions for development
• Training and placement of specially abled
• Refuge rehabilitation projects. (Urban slums)
• Adhoc Medical help and assistance as needed.
More projects in the same cause
KarmaKonnect | Delhi
KarmaKonnect | Sanand
KarmaKonnect | Ahmedabad
KarmaKonnect | Delhi