KarmaKonnect Supports Women Entrepreneurs in Remote Targyasling Village, Ladakh
The Project aims at supporting and empowering Women in remote areas of the country. The objective of the project is to produce women entrepreneurs, provide required training and resources and support local entrepreneurship missions to empower women so that they can assume lead roles in the society,
KarmaKonnect believes that women are already empowered – all they need is a level playing field. Due to years of subjugation and inequality, women today lack required skills and resources for becoming financially independent.
This is where KarmaKonnect comes into the picture. We offer sustainable social solutions which would help women achieve their dreams:
- We aim at providing ‘digital-literacy’ to women in remotest corners of the country.
- We assist local self-help groups and community volunteers in providing skill-training to the women.
- We conduct 'Awareness Camps' to make women aware about their rights at the grassroot levels.
- We provide required Entrepreneurship Support in terms of guidance and resources through CSR projects
Challenges faced by Women in Remote/ Rural Areas:
• When women in rural and remote areas do not have access to livelihood skills, they miss out on opportunities like earning income, providing for themselves and their families, and becoming more respected in their communities.
• In such societies, women generally remain un-skilled and uneducated and lack economic independence. They shoulder family responsibilities from a very early age, leaving them less time to develop their skills and make a career.
• The women also face mindset related issues as they come from a conservative background.
The Challenge of Rural Employment generation:
• Employment generation remains one of the biggest challenges in rural and remote areas.
• It is imperative to design a sound economic model that is both indigenous to the region and sustainable in nature. Unless doing so, economic upliftment of people in general and women in particular remains extremely difficult.
• Providing economic upliftment in a sustainable way through employment generation is a tough task, especially when it’s in a remote mountain region 14000ft above.
Results & Outcome
• KarmaKonnect conducted ‘Self-Reliance’ Sessions aimed at supporting women entrepreneurs in remotest parts of the country at 14000Ft above in Targyasling village in Ladakh.
• Funds and opportunities were provided by LetsUpp Ladakhi team under their CSR Program.
• The women were also provided digital literacy and entrepreneurship advices.
• The project saw a number of ambitious women engage in Entrepreneurship Building Programs and take part in Skill Development Training Sessions.
KarmaKonnect is a non-profit social venture that aims to connect the fragmented ‘giving’ ecosystem by empowering NGOs, donors, volunteers, corporates and government to create impactful social development interventions. KarmaKonnect is an enabler; motivating and empowering individuals and organizations to tap the growing philanthropy landscape by creating, connecting, and/or collaborating for credible projects and causes. The KarmaKonnect team is currently involved in a number of initiatives across the country, through various dedicated volunteers and NGOs. We are primarily working on:
• Child education and livelihood skills (slum evening schools/shelters and aiding low income govt schools) in Gujarat, Telangana, MP and Delhi through utilization of existing govt infrastructure and innovative collaborative models.
• Women Empowerment and legal help, rescue and rehabilitation projects (primarily on Gujarat and UP)
• Rural Empowerment and Citizens Change/Awareness programs (Gujarat, MP, UP, Telangana and Rajasthan).
• We also Executing comprehensive "adopt a village" projects for donors involving well researched sustainable solutions for development
• Training and placement of specially abled
• Refuge rehabilitation projects. (Urban slums)
• Adhoc Medical help and assistance as needed.