CREATE #GoodKarma EVERY CHANCE YOU GET
Waterless and Zero Waste Toilets
About the ProjectCustomize This Project
The company has designed a toilet with separate receptacles for urine and feces, with two different chambers underneath. When one fills up, it was sealed and the other one was opened. After feces had dried up and decomposed thoroughly in the sealed chamber, the excreta turned into manure that could be used for crops. Urine, almost entirely free of germs, was diverted to a vessel from where it was applied to plants after being diluted with water; urine is a rich source of urea and phosphate for plants.
Technology or Process Involved Ecosan Urine Diversion Toilet (EUDT) offers an inexpensive and easy-to-operate alternative to traditional waste disposal. (Please refer https://youtu.be/SB-cTsGkmK0 for a complete understanding of the process) Cost of the Solution:
- Setting up of toilet system (INR 2,50,000) CapEx
- Collection Tank (INR 1,00,000) OpEx
- Daily Maintenance of the system (INR 10,000/ month)
About the NGO
KarmaKonnect is a non-profit social venture that aims to connect the fragmented ‘giving’ ecosystem by empowering NGOs, donors, volunteers, corporates, and government to create impactful social development interventions, often in remote and under-served areas.
KarmaKonnect is an enabler; motivating and empowering individuals and organizations to tap the growing philanthropy landscape by creating, connecting, and/or collaborating on credible projects and causes.
The KarmaKonnect team is currently involved in a number of initiatives across the country, through various dedicated volunteers and NGOs. We are primarily working on:
• Child education and livelihood skills (urban slum evening schools/shelters) in Gujarat, Telangana, MP, and Delhi through utilization of existing govt infrastructure and digital/innovative collaborative models.
• Rural Development Programs - Setting up Water, Solar and Livelihood/Entrepreneurship projects in remote tribal areas.
• “Adopt a Village" customized project for donors involving well researched sustainable solutions for development followed by a rigorous monitoring approach.
• Women Empowerment, livelihood, and legal help, rescue and rehabilitation projects
• Training and placement of underprivileged and specially-abled candidates
• Refuge rehabilitation and relief work
• Ad-Hoc Medical help and assistance as needed.
Karmakonnect also specializes in customized projects to help optimize donor and CSR spend and increase NGO efficiency.
Are you a Non-India Passport holder and interested in helping this project?Connect With Us
More projects in the same cause
KarmaKonnect | Telangana
KarmaKonnect | Marriguda