BEING A VOLUNTEER - REMOTE/ONLINE
Be an ONLINE MENTOR to Rural Kids
Skills Needed: Skype sessions with Kids/Women (Educate and Mentor)
Accomodation: No Accomodation provided
About the Project
The mentoring program of e-shishya is a unique program where the urban professionals/final year students can become a mentor to a rural child for 100 days. You will be connected to a rural child through Google Hangout/Whatsapp/local calls etc. Together you will read wonderful stories like Blue umbrella, Birbal tales etc. This is not a normal teacher-student program. Rather it is an initiative to exchange dialogue to understand urban-rural lifestyle. You can talk to him about city life and the child can tell you about life in a village. This and much more can be discussed for 100 days with the children. Link to Apply as a Mentor - http://e-shishya.com/registermentor.php
About the NGO
KarmaKonnect is a non-profit social venture that aims to connect the fragmented ‘giving’ ecosystem by empowering NGOs, donors, volunteers, corporates, and government to create impactful social development interventions, often in remote and under-served areas.
KarmaKonnect is an enabler; motivating and empowering individuals and organizations to tap the growing philanthropy landscape by creating, connecting, and/or collaborating on credible projects and causes.
The KarmaKonnect team is currently involved in a number of initiatives across the country, through various dedicated volunteers and NGOs. We are primarily working on:
• Child education and livelihood skills (urban slum evening schools/shelters) in Gujarat, Telangana, MP, and Delhi through utilization of existing govt infrastructure and digital/innovative collaborative models.
• Rural Development Programs - Setting up Water, Solar and Livelihood/Entrepreneurship projects in remote tribal areas.
• “Adopt a Village" customized project for donors involving well researched sustainable solutions for development followed by a rigorous monitoring approach.
• Women Empowerment, livelihood, and legal help, rescue and rehabilitation projects
• Training and placement of underprivileged and specially-abled candidates
• Refuge rehabilitation and relief work
• Ad-Hoc Medical help and assistance as needed.
Karmakonnect also specializes in customized projects to help optimize donor and CSR spend and increase NGO efficiency.
This is a short term project,
you can contact us anytime to help us with
your awseome skills