BEING A VOLUNTEER - IN-PERSON
GRANT WRITING for Education Accessibility to the Underprivileged
Skills Needed: Report/grant writing
Accomodation: No Accomodation provided
About the ProjectThis program is focused on those who are interested in starting their own charity or want hands-on experience working in an NGO or simply want to take part in good karma. The foundation connects NGO volunteers to different NGOs to ensure smooth operations and therefore requires flexibility on the part of the volunteer. No previous NGO experience or specific skills are required. A typical NGO administration & management volunteer and intern needs to be enthusiastic, willing to learn, ready for a challenge and have a desire to take initiative in coordinating a group of volunteers and daily tasks. Friendliness, care, commitment, and patience are among important qualities. The ideal volunteer would have a passion for development work, and a desire to help other volunteers to have positive experiences with us. The NGO Administration volunteers and interns observe and assist the coordinator with office work, as well as in-community project support and administrative work and the coordination and supervision of community programs.
About the NGO
KarmaKonnect is a non-profit social venture that aims to connect the fragmented ‘giving’ ecosystem by empowering NGOs, donors, volunteers, corporates and government to create impactful social development interventions. KarmaKonnect is an enabler; motivating and empowering individuals and organizations to tap the growing philanthropy landscape by creating, connecting, and/or collaborating for credible projects and causes. The KarmaKonnect team is currently involved in a number of initiatives across the country, through various dedicated volunteers and NGOs. We are primarily working on:
• Child education and livelihood skills (slum evening schools/shelters and aiding low income govt schools) in Gujarat, Telangana, MP and Delhi through utilization of existing govt infrastructure and innovative collaborative models.
• Women Empowerment and legal help, rescue and rehabilitation projects (primarily on Gujarat and UP)
• Rural Empowerment and Citizens Change/Awareness programs (Gujarat, MP, UP, Telangana and Rajasthan).
• We also Executing comprehensive "adopt a village" projects for donors involving well researched sustainable solutions for development
• Training and placement of specially abled
• Refuge rehabilitation projects. (Urban slums)
• Adhoc Medical help and assistance as needed.
More projects in the same cause
Shwas Charitable Trust | Ahmedabad
KarmaKonnect | Delhi
Uthishta | Bengaluru
KarmaKonnect | Banglore
Himalayan Blooms | Himachal Pradesh